.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 09, 2005

 

Need some advice

I recently purchased a super cheap camcorder AV cable and rewired it to work with my iPod (to play video on the TV. The cable's ground and video pins needed to be reversed). Problem is, the base of the prong on the cable is ever so slightly wider than the plastic ring around the heaphone jack in the iPod. This means that when the AV cable's plug is fully inserted into the heaphone jack, its base comes in contact with the iPod's metal shell and causes video image quality issues (As in, it horribly blurs it beyond recognition).

I've been trying to think of a way to fix this, and I need some advice on how to fix this with things found around the home. One idea I had was to paint a very thin ring of nail polish onto the edge of the base of the connector, but I'm worried that it might scrape off over time and enter the iPod's innards. Another idea I had was super thin strips of electrical tape applied on top of the ring, but I think that'd be a bit thicker (and less neat) than I'd like.

Any suggestions? Some material I can find in the home that I can paint on that won't cause problems? Or advice for making super thin strips of electrical tape (We're talking 0.5 to 1 millimeter wide)?

Right now the problem can be solved by pulling the connector out of the ipod a hairs width, but this is really a kludge and prone to the slightest movement pushing the cable back in contact.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?