.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Interview with a LAN party organizer

I almost forgot. Back in June or July, I went to ATI-Revolution. It was a big (~600 ppl) LAN party on the south shore. Fifth biggest ever in North America, or so I understand.

Anyhow, while I was there I interviewed one of the organizers who has been big in the LAN scene in Montreal. He was doing sponsorships for ATIR. I transcribed the thing ages ago, but recently I finally finished editing it and went over it with him. So now I'm able to let other people read it.

It's a bit long, but I think there is a lot of interesting stuff in there about what it takes to put on such a huge LAN party:

http://teknews.net/roch.php

I am going to try to spread it around to some news sites like anandtech and tom's hardware (Tom's did a writeup of the LAN), but I'm probably going to do some security updates and performance tests before I do that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?