.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

 

So close...

After handing in a rather long assignment today, it dawned on me that as I hand in each assignment, there are fewer and fewer left before graduation. I sat and pondered for a while on the fact that I only have 3 assignments left before graduation, and only one of those is actually major. It feels good, in a way, that I'm so close, since there is a certain completeness to knowing that these are the final assignments of an education phase. On the other hand, the past three years at JAC have been truly great, and I'm really going to miss the place.

It's a happy time and a sad time. Happy that I'll be graduating at the same time as my best friend, who is normally a year behind me, but caught up when he entered a 2 year program to my 3 year program. And it's sad, because the dream is ending, and I'm about to be whisked away into the bigger world that is university. I'm a bit eager, and a bit frightened, and yet still, sad.

I don't know what the distant future will hold, but I do know what the immediate future will hold. I will soon be rejoining my coworkers at NITI, something I'm really looking forward to. The guys have been nothing but supportive, and super patient with me while I soak up the lessons that NITI has presented to me. I eagerly await my return, and can't wait to see everyone again. I know I've only been gone a few days, but my recent ponderings have made me realize how truly lucky I am to have the support and friendship of the great people at NITI.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?