.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Office move

Yesterday was my first office move. While I'm sure the other employees found it dull and annoying, I actually found it quite exciting!

I've moved into an office with Pat and Simon, and as I understand it, will be helping them out with the more QA-oriented tasks of Sandbox. So far it is very different from working in the more open space... My old desk was right on the 'highway' going into the kitchen, whereas now I'm in the office, so it's a lot more personal, and peaceful. The downside of course is that I miss out on foosball games, but I'm sure I'll manage ;)

The other downside of course is that the roaming bands seeking victims, err, lunch partners for the food court no longer pass by my desk. Not sure how I'll hook up with said bands. I'll have to figure something out.

Simon and I pretty much purged my schedule of all the non-sandbox bugs from before I came back from my weeklong school binge, so it was sort of an out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new type of situation. A little bit scary, moving into the unknown world of Sandbox, but so far it looks quite interesting. I've always been interested in virtualized solutions, and now I get to work on one!

I'm still sort of trying to figure out my new role though. I sort of know more or less what I'm supposed to be working on, but I haven't quite figured out the fringe type stuff; how my new job differs from the old one other moving to mostly just Sandbox stuff.

The past two days I've been getting used to the idea of having office mates. It's certainly a more personal relationship working closely with a very small team than collaborating with a larger group.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?