.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 23, 2004

 

B Movie, machinima, it's got it all!

Sorry if I go a bit off-track here by welcoming anybody who stumbles across this, my new blog. I've often wished I could post thoughts and cool stuff I've found, but maintaining a website is a hassle (I know, I've maintained a large one). So, welcome, hope you enjoy.

Now, back on topic to this post, I just watched an odd B movie called Max Knight: Ultra Spy. Yeah, it's cheesy as hell, but there was one scene that caught my attention. The main character gets sucked into the internet, and suddenly an ultra-low-polygon representation of him shows up in what looks like... Could it be... Xen from Half-Life? At first I thought, no, couldn't be. Until they start TALKING about Half-Life. Apparently the main character isn't much of a gamer, as he states "Aww, I hate this game, I never got past level one." Level one, the introduction.

Despite the overall crapitude of the movie, this particular scene was entertaining. It was the best Half-Life machinima I've ever seen, complete with custom models for the characters, and custom animations. Certainly entertaining... Enough so that I wish I'd had a capture of it. If you see it somewhere, by all means keep an eye out for the scene, it's near the end of the film.

And so, I bid you adieu, from my first blog post.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?